Just trying to keep up with all the little things around here. Here are some of the events of the last few days.
- Lainey went pee on the potty... she kept putting her hands in the air saying "YAY!" afterwards. It was pretty cute.
- Last night was pumpkin carving night. Lauren wouldn't touch the "guts" and Lainey pulled on a few seeds and decided that was enough.
- I roasted the pumpkin seeds with some butter and salt melted on them. (300" for 45 minutes) and they turned out yummy. Lainey ate a bunch of them with me. Lauren and Jay didn't like them too much.
- Lauren gets to dress up at school tomorrow in her costume (princess of course) and they are parading around the older classes and having a party with treats too. She can't wait for that.
- We're not sure what costume Lainey will end up in. She's not too crazy about the pee pod costume Lauren wore 2 years ago. She just throws it and says "no". Perhaps we'll have 2 princess'. I'm pretty sure if she finds out she gets candy when she dresses up she'll wear almost anything. (hopefully)
- We decided to go into McDonald's yesterday when we were out and about. We really hadn't thought that one through. While Jay ordered I sat with 2 crying girls. Lainey wanted her boots and socks off and then wanted to walk around.... Lauren couldn't get her chair pushed in with out pushing the wobbly table into Lainey's chest. Oh boy it was quite the time. Once the nuggets arrived things settled down a bit. Then Lainey asked for her car. The treats in the happy meals for girls are little barbies.. Lainey prefers the boy toy cars. I switched it out for her and she was happy. (yes I know we must eat there too often if my 21 month old knows what the toy is. ) :o)
- Lainey is a daredevil.. I can feel the grey hair starting up soon. I am constanly finding her jumping up on the couch, standing up on all sorts of chairs, climbing everything. The other night she was sitting next to me on the couch and the next thing I knew I saw her in the corner of my eye flying off the end of the couch and hitting her little head on the leg of the table beside it. Oh my.... that was it. I don't know what to do with her. She must have stood up fast and started to jump but forgot she was close to the end. I jumped up and got to her. She was crying but fine. It was just before bed so I just took her up and rocked her a bit. As I read her bedtime story I was fighting back the blubbering tears. She was fine by that time but I was still hyperventilating over the "what if's" going through my head. I'm not sure what to do with this little monkey. She is daring and wild. She will try anything and I know it's good to let them explore and try new things but not if they are going to break their necks. Oh man.... I can't overreact too much. Lauren is afraid to try some new things because I was so paranoid of her getting hurt when she was small. I don't want that to happen to Lainey but I don't want to make any hospital runs either.
Monday, October 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm not surprised that your wee ones didn't like the 'guts' of the pumpkin. Quite frankly, either do I....I just pretend (with my kids at school) that it's really cool and neat!!
Congrats on the potty business!! Yay Lainey :)
Post a Comment