This week Jay has had to work late because some vender from the States is here installing some new systems or something like that. Computer mumbo jumbo... anyway, I've been alone with my girls pretty much day and night. Last night the poor guy didn't get home till almost 3 am. I always dread these long days, especially when Lauren decided not to nap so I have no alone time at all. Well last night was a nice little treat.
The girls both ate their supper up without complaints. That in itself is always nice. Then after supper the three of us sat at the diningroom table. While the girls both coloured in colouring books and on plain paper quietly I read the local newspaper. The girls sat there colouring for well over an hour until Lainey finally decided she was ready to move on. I couldn't believe how nice it was. They were getting along, Lauren was helping Lainey pick out new colours.
Once the colouring was done we went upstairs to get nighties on. Lauren always likes to wear her pink Sleeping Beauty Nighty and Lainey is into her Dora and Boots one these days. Then we still had some time before bed so they played with their Little People house together and also with some Polly Pocket dolls. Once again they were playing so nicely together. It was like a little dream.
I was in the next room for a bit and then went to check on them to find them sitting in Lainey's room in the rocking chair all cuddled up and reading together. They had some lift the flap books and Lauren was asking Lainey to find different things in the books. They were so cute.
These are the days where I am so thankful that we took the chance and had Lainey when Lauren was still 2. It's been a hard 20 months having the two of them to watch over and pay attention to but it's really worth it to give Lauren a little sister. I had always imagined that they would reach a point where they could be buddies and play nice together. I think that time is finally here. They have played together forever but quite often Lauren would get frustrated because Lainey couldn't keep up. Now Lainey is getting big and can even put on polly pocket's click on clothes by herself.
So I guess it worked out ok when Jay worked late. He's supposed to be home before bedtime tonight. I think the late nights are over for now. Glad this week worked out ok though.
Thursday, October 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment