Today was library day for Lainey and I. We rushed to the library for 10:15 thinking we'd be late. We got there just on time and we were the only ones there. Jen, the teacher/storytime leader was there all by herself. We waited around and noone showed up. There are usually 6 or so babies and their Mommies in our class. I guess the cold weather tied in with the holiday weekend made people want to stay home or something. I felt a bit awkward and told Jen it was ok, she didn't have to run the program for just Lainey and I. She told me she'd like to do it and that it's good practice for her so we had our own private storytime session. It was kinda funny, Lainey seemed a bit confused but at least she wasn't shy this time. :o) We got to sing her favorite song "zoom zoom zoom, we're going to the moon" a few times and many other bouncing rymes etc. Basically if Lainey enjoyed it we did it a few times for her.
Hopefully more babies will be back next week. Especially since the reason I signed up for the class was for Lainey to interact with other toddlers. It was fun for her today as well though, it's not everyday she has a class designed for her.
Lauren is pretty happy to have a long weekend. The little monkey had a good day at school (tears for the good-bye again), I think they wore her out in gym class or something. She came home pretty tired and grumpy, nothing a nap can't fix luckily.
She took her new "Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princess's" barbie for "show and share" today, to show them how her tu tu spins and lights up. Apparently it was a hit, she told me she didn't let her friends touch it thought because she didn't want them to get their germs on it. I think I smell another little chat we need to have to clarify our last germs talk. :o)
Friday, October 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment