Thursday, October 26, 2006

Potty Time Again...


Well lots of little things going on around here but the big news is Lainey's today. I guess having a big sister helps out with potty training. Lainey sees Lauren go potty all the time since she never closes the door. :o) Since she always wants to do whatever "sissy" is doing Lainey has started to want to go on the potty. She runs in and puts the princess seat on the big toilet seat and then I help her take her diaper or pull-up off and sit her on it. Usually she just sits there and we read what we all refer to as "The Hanna Book". (actually is "The Potty Book for Girls", by Alyssa Satin Capucilli) Then she pulls the paper off the roll and wipes herself. Normally she has already gone in her diaper before she reaches the potty.

Today Lainey ran up to me and said "TOOT!!!", "PEE PEE!!!" so we ran to the bathroom and I popped her onto the princess seat... then we read the Hanna book and after a couple minutes I realized it was getting really stinky in the bathroom. I looked and sure enough there was a surprise in there. She was so proud of herself and we were all so excited. It's a pretty big step. I know there will be plenty of stinky diapers in the future but it's pretty exciting to know we're starting this up again. There is that bit of Oh Man here we go again feeling too.

Lauren started potty training at around 19 months and was still in diapers or pull-ups when she was turning 3. She's all trained now and finally a good wiper but it was a long road. Now that Lauren's all done it's starting up again.

Lainey was so proud of herself today and it was funny to see her in her little pull-up dancing around afterwards. She was singing and looking at herself in the mirror. My little baby girl is growing up. She's still my baby though... I'm not too sure I can call her a big girl yet. I'm not quite ready for that step.

No comments: