Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Apple Pie's Thanksgiving

We had a nice weekend at my parent's house. We did the whole family Thanksgiving gettogether in the local hall. It was nice to see my Grandma so happy, she loves when we all spend holidays together. A couple of Christmas' ago we hosted the family at our house and Grandma told us she's bring an Apple Pie. Lauren was 2 at the time and I guess she heard a few times that Grandma was bringing that Apple pie. So from that Christmas on Lauren has always referred to my Grandma as "Grandma Apple Pie". I guess it's more fun than "Great Grandma". The funny part was Lauren didn't even eat any of the apple pie, she wouldn't even try it.

This Thanksgiving we got to see some family we hadn't been around since Lauren was little, some of my first cousins hadn't met Lainey yet. Pretty screwy really since they live right in Tweed where my parents live. Anyway they also have a little girl the same age as Lauren and a couple other cousins are a bit older. There were lots of little girls and my brother's little boys running around and for a bit they were all dancing. Lainey even surprised me and was dancing around the hall and having a great time. She's usually shy around groups.

Keeping with the pie theme, Lauren also tried her first pumpkin pie. The other girls were all having pumpkin pie so she had to try it. She ate all the filling part and said it was really good. Lainey was pretty fussy in the highchair we had taken for her, so I took her out and she sat in a big chair at the table. That's when the fun started for her. She ate her dinner and then saw my apple pie with whipped cream on it. I couldn't feed it to her fast enough so she just started reaching her hand over and scooping up the whipped cream. That's my girl! It was funny accept she ate most of my pie. I've gained a few pounds lately so I guess that was all for the best. he he

On Sunday Lauren found a "special place" deep in the wood when we went on a walk. So she started planning for her party that she was throwing on Monday in her special place. Jay and my Dad were hopeful when she told us boys weren't allowed in her special place. Then she amended the rule so big boys could come just not little boys. Since my brother was gone at this point that meant all were welcome to attend the party. :o) Mom and Lauren made banana chocolate chip muffins and some sandwiches and off we all went into the woods for our picnic party. Lauren is pretty cute, she gets pretty excited for things like this. We ate lunch, saw a toad hopping around, Lauren did a special party dance for us, and then we payed "I spy with my little eye" on the way home.

It was a fun weekend. Jay spent lots of time fishing until he finally decided there were no fish in the lake. Then when we got home my Mom e-mailed to tell us the neighbors were posing for pictures with the giant fish they had just caught. he he I won't quote what Jay had to say about that. :o)

Also Lauren was reaching for me and crying "MOMMY!!!" when I dropped her at school this morning. Ahhhh I can't wait till that stops. It's torture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad your girls are discovering the wonderful world of Thanksgiving baking!!

I know that after a holiday weekend, it's hard to get back in 'school mode', I guess it's even harder for little people. Hang in there. This too shall pass!