Friday, November 03, 2006

Baby's got back

My little Lainey is 21 months old now. She is weighing in at around 33 pounds now. I think most people who see her think she is at least 2 since she is so big. She is tall but like her Mommy she has inherited the family "hips". My Mom's side of the family all have these big "hips" as we call it. Truth be told we have big bottoms. It just makes us feel better to say we have big hips. I have lost weight lately and still have the big hips. :o) Poor little Lainey has inherited the hips.

This isn't a big deal for a little 21 month old other that the whole diaper thing. She has been wearing size 6 pampers which are the largest size out there for over a year now. With the big hips also come chubby thighs which mean diapers have to be done up loosely or they cut into her hip/leg area. This is why now that she has started to try potty training I have bought some "easy-ups" and "pull-ups". They pull on like underpants for her so they are fitting better. The only problem with these things is they are for potty training... they don't hold as much liquid as the regular pampers diapers. In these early days of potty life there are more wet diapers than there are potty trips. Lainey has soaked through a couple pairs of pants this week already.

Maybe I'll get rich by inventing pull-up diapers for the non-potty ready big hipped toddlers. They could fit comfortably and absorb more than training pants. Who knows... :o) I'm sure they are already out there, just not in my stores yet. They make them in smaller sizes but Lainey's size are all the training ones. She's size 4t training pants.

It's funny how different my girls are. Lauren has inherited her rear (or lack thereof) from Jay's side of the family. She is thin as a rail and has problems keeping her pants from falling down. That's the one good thing about these hips, I've never really had to wear a belt to hold my pants up... unless the pants are 2 sizes too big the hips keep them up. :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw mommy inventors on Ellen yesterday!! They made it big from their inventions---you could too :) :) hee hee