
In October Lauren's class studied healthy food, they made vegetable soup and also were given a sheet with Canada's Food Guide on it. This lists the 4 healthy food groups. It also has pictures of several healthy foods. This has made quite the impact on my girl. There are a few misunderstandings happening here but it's pretty neat anyway.
Lauren likes to look at her "food chart", "menu", "healthy chart" at least once a day to see if what I am feeding her is healthy, also to see if there is a picture of what she is eating. If we are having tomatoes for instance they are not healthy since they aren't on the list. :o) She also likes to sit and look at her chart to decide what she will order for lunch. She's been lucky a few times and I was able to fulfill her order but I'm not too sure about being a short order cook.
It's nice to have her realize that she should be eating healthy foods. There are some issues though. She still has her moments where she asks me for dessert.... then wants a lollypop or candy. When I show her that they aren't on the list she makes up an excuse.... luckily her halloween candy is almost gone! I think Halloween is fun for that day but all that candy turns my girls into monsters.... even Lainey screams for "lolly"s.
In other news, today was report card day.... Lauren didn't bring one home so I'm not sure what that means. We have our parent teacher meeting tomorrow night so I'm guessing it will turn up then. So far she hasn't had any big issues, just her "instant tears" and until today they have been gone for sometime. (apparently today her friend took away her special paper and it was really bad... that made Lauren cry)
Also Lauren gets to go on her first bus ride and school trip next week. They are going to "cat world" to learn about jungle animals. I would love to go but I don't think I could bring Lainey... and I don't have a sitter. I'll have to learn about it from my Pumpkin when she gets home. She's pretty excited to go on the bus.
We go this weekend to Jay's Christmas party for kids at the press center. They always have tons of the boucey tents and slides and cotton candy and popcorn plus Santa will be there and they get a gift and free lunch. It's always pretty fun, Lainey will have fun this year, she was too tiny last year. This is the party where both girls freak out and cry every year when we take them to sit on Santa's knee. Lainey made it on the knee last year but screamed and was off in a flash. Lauren just likes to stand near by and call over to him what she wants for Christmas. We cause quite the scene. :o) Of course all the other kids can't wait to sit on the big guy's knee.
Anyway, I'll write next week and update on how that went. :o)
2 comments:
I think I need a healthy chart to remind me to eat healthy food!! :) I love that Lauren can 'overlook' that Hallowe'en candy isn't on the chart!!
:)
Hi sweetie!!
I'm back on line! I LOVE that she is learning that so young - and taking it on board! Enjoy it while it lasts!
SEE you soon hopefully - is Lauren's pageant that day????
Post a Comment