Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Back to normal kinda

Jay is back at work today, our little vacation is over. Things are back to normal around here. We had a pretty good week filled with visiting family and friends.
While we were at my parents' place which is on a lake we spent some time fishing. I hadn't gone fishing in years but Jay wanted to go out so when Lainey was napping one day Jay, Lauren and I got in the boat and spent some time on the lake. (My Dad was inside listening for Lainey by the way) We didn't catch anything but it was fun anyway. This was Lauren's first boat ride and first life jacket as well. She was a bit mad at how puffy it was but when she found out she had no choice she decided to wear it.
Jay spent a lot of our 3 days there fishing off the dock and in the boat. We were all joking that he would stay out there as long as he could since it was so nice and quiet. Our girls are quite the little balls of excitement. Lauren has the nickname "energizer bunny" and it is well earned. :o) Still no fish were caught.

Another big piece of news is that Lauren got her first official haircut last week. Up to this point Jay has been her stylist. With school coming up we decided to go to a pro. I found a place where they have cars for the kids to sit in while they get their hair done. Lauren chose the pink jeep of course. She was pretty nervous at first but once I got her in the jeep she was a bit better. She spent the first little bit with her head in her lap until the hairdresser asked her to look up and she did. They were nice and just did a fast trim for is. They didn't try to put the cape on or to spray her head down, they could tell she wouldn't go for that. She's looking pretty cute now and often goes up to the mirror to check if her hair still looks like her haircut. She told me today that she thinks her hair grew and she'd better go get it cut again. Very cute little pumpkin.

The same day Lauren got her hair done I was inspired to get rid of my straggly hair. It was getting too long and had been bothering me for awhile. My hair is very thick and naturally curly and puffy. I never can get a cut I like but this time I insisted they cut it a little shorter than normal. It's still not short short or anything but it feels so much lighter and I feel a little more young. I felt like an old lady with my frizzy ponytail hair. It's also nice to get out and be pampered a little bit.

All that hair cut off and I still gained 5 pounds in the week we were off. That was Jay's influence and several trips to the golden arches for traveling lunches and dinners. :o) Back on the healthy eating train now..... hopefully anyway.

On the 11th we go with Lauren for a 20 minute meeting to meet her teacher. I'm looking forward to that. Not too sure how I feel about the 13th when we drop her off for the morning!!!! Her first day of school. They do a graduated entry where she is only with a handful of kids her first day and then more the next time she goes. Her first day with all her JK/SK split is on the 18th. This has me all mixed up and confused about when her first day is. I am going with the 13th. I am going to take her on Friday to the mall to find a cute first day of school outfit. I think it'll just be the 2 of us having a big girl shopping trip. We bought her a princess backpack today and she has her princess inside sneakers already. She picked out some princess socks and has a cute new princess strawberry shortcake outfit for school. Geez I really hope her teacher likes princess'. :o)

Anyway, lots to do around here now that the vacation is over. I guess that's it for now.

No comments: