This morning I awoke at just past seven to Lauren calling me to her room. I clumsily walked in and she said "I just wanted to call you since it's my special day!" (not sure of exact words, I had just woke up) We came downstairs, I made her special school girl breakfast..... Peanut Butter and jelly sandwich and a cup of milk. She ate it while I showered and the day had begun.
Soon enough Jay and Lainey joined us and it was time to go to school. We took lots of pics and made tons of movies. Lauren was wound up so they are funny. :o) She was wearing her new little dress and her butterfly tights. She was cute as a button with her pony tails and her little backpack.
We all drove over to her school, it was raining so I got to walk her all the way into the school and make sure she could find her cubby and put her shoes on. Then Mrs. F. came and met her and told her it was time to go. That's when the tears started to come. My tears that is. Lauren still hadn't velcroed her second shoe up and she was running away. Her teacher had to remind her to tell me to have a good morning. Wow! It was quite a relief that she went so well. Normally she is shy and cries when it's the first day of a new kind of dance class or something. I guess she has matured over the summer.
I walked out to the van where Jay snapped some really bad pics of me crying. I told them how it had gone and then we spied through her classroom windows from the van. When we saw her ponytails popping up and down we knew she was having a good time. I knew she was going to be alright.
I spent the morning at home with Lainey. Lainey didn't take this school thing all that well. She's used to following Lauren around all day. When we pulled in the driveway after dropping off Lauren she said "sissy?" We'd been worrying about Lauren and forgotten that this would be an adjustment for the wee one too. She spent the morning following me around, looking out the window looking for "sissy" and watching "The Tigger Movie". Before too long it was time to go get sissy. When I told her she said "YAY!!!" and ran for our coats. Just so I knew I wouldn't lose track of time I had set the timer on the stove.
Lainey and I were both very excited to hear how it had gone. I got there and all of us waited outside for our babes. Then they came. Lauren was holding her new friend's hand. They were the "line leaders" today. The teacher told me that she had a great morning, just had been a bit upset with the rain and having to stay inside for recess.
When we got home she was very touchy. I could tell she was tired out from all the excitement. I made her special request lunch (chicken nuggets and french fries) and while we waited for that we looked in her bag. The teacher had sent home a picture of Lauren and her friend in dress-up costumes. Lauren was of course wearing a princess dress. She also got a certificate for being the line leader. Last but not least some homework. Not much, she has to colour in the letter P in seven different colours of crayon so it looks like a rainbow. :o) Cute stuff.
We had our lunch and then it was nap time for Lainey. Once she was down I snuggled my little school girl until she fell asleep. She's still my baby, even if she goes to school!
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment