Max and Ruby. Ruby and her little brother Max...... This is a theme song I hear several times a day lately. This is a show about a girl bunny named Ruby who thinks she knows everything and her brother Max who's always up to something. The show is based on books written by Rosemary Wells.
Lauren went through her Max and Ruby phase. It was all she wanted to watch on tv at one point. When I first saw the show I thought it was the most annoying thing. Ruby's voice is very high and not something you want to listen to. However once I saw how much Lauren loved it and how it would keep her busy while I cooked, cleaned or even just relaxed for a half hour I learned to love it. I soon found out that many other toddlers loved Max and Ruby. I noticed in the toy store that you can buy Max and Ruby dolls, puzzles, games and of course DVDs and books. They have it all.
Recently Lainey has discovered the joys of Max and Ruby. She's very pushy with her love for them. I think she's pretty much obsessed. She will pick up the clicker and hand it to us as she says "MAX" and points to the tv. Luckily we have "Treehouse on Demand" which allows us to play Max and Ruby whenever we want. This week when she was sick the only thing that would keep her happy was Max and Ruby! I think I could likely recite the words to most of their episodes due to my exposure over the years.
There is one episode where Ruby and her friends Louise are playing "beauty shop" and putting on make up. I'll never forget the time Lauren watched that one and then came walking out of the kitchen after applying "make-up" to her fingers. She had taken a sharpie permanent marker and coloured all her finger tips. She thought she was something special with nail polish on. :o) I was so relieved she hadn't tried to put on eye shadow.
Lainey saw the same episode this week (actually signed the book out of the library Friday) and last night she put on her "make-up". We were having a nice little dinner of hamburgers and hot dogs. Lainey loves hamburgers but her favorite is ketchup. I had given her some ketchup to dip her burger in. We were all talking and then I looked over at Lainey. She usually gets a bit messy but she had put ketchup all over her face and through her hair. (in the show Max dyes his bunny fur green) She was looking pretty proud of her little self. I wiped her face clean and she just dipped her finger back in the ketchup and began to re-apply her face. :o) Luckily it was almost bathtime and we weren't planning to go out anywhere.
http://www.nickjr.com/shows/max_ruby/index.jhtml
(this is a website that has a Max and Ruby game, so you can hear them talk etc. "Find Max")
www.rosemarywells.com (this is the author's website)
Sunday, September 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have heard that theme song at a friend's house and it was SO annoying!!!! I could have thought up something better than that! Max and Ruby--Ruby and Max.....very low-budget Canadian! Anyway, this kid loved it too!!
Post a Comment