Today is mine and Jay's 5th wedding anniversary! I can't believe it's 5 years already. A lot has happened in these 5 years but I remember the details of the day like it was yesterday.
We don't know just yet what we're going to do to celebrate. My parents are coming up tomorrow to spend the night and babysit. We have a few ideas, maybe a night in Niagara Falls, maybe Toronto, maybe just a nice dinner locally and a movie. Who knows. Mostly all I want is to go to a nice quiet restaurant and order a drink, then an appetizer, then some dinner, maybe even dessert. It is always such a treat for us to have a relaxing dinner..... kid free... love them to pieces and pieces but they really speed the meal up when you take them out. Also it will be nice to choose a restaurant for reasons other than that it serves nuggets and french fries! Sad but true, that's how we roll these days around here. he he he
I'll let you know what we end up doing. I know it will be great, spending time with my hubby what else could I ask for. Well there is the matter of what to wear... us stay at home Moms don't really keep many nice dresses or fancy date outfits in the closet. :o) I'm sure I'll find something. Maybe I'll even dig out the make-up for the occasion. he he
....
In other news, Lauren (born 1 year and 15 days after our wedding day) has been doing well in school. They did the Terry Fox run this morning. I think they just ran around and around the little play area. That would have been cute. She brought home a book she can read all by herself.... " I see crayons, I see scissors, I see children..." he he did you think she really was reading... she's just learned the words and matches the pictures up. She's pretty proud though.
Lainey and I started her storytime class at the library this morning while Lauren was in school. I used to take Lauren up until Lainey was about 6 months, then I couldn't take them both to the same class together so.... we couldn't go. Now we are back every Friday. She surprised me and was quite shy. She's usually pretty outgoing. I think she's a bit mixed up with having Lauren away. Hopefully she'll open up in the next few weeks. She's very heavy for me to lift and bounce during the songs. I got a work out between that and pulling the wagon to and from school today.
Anyway, even though it's my special day I still have to clean this house up. My parents are coming tomorrow, don't want to scare them too badly. I guess they saw my room growing up so they know about my cleaning skills. he he
Friday, September 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations!! 5 years is a big deal!! I remember the day as well---meeting this incredible guy who had swept you off your feet. Eating great food and chatting with good friends. Enjoy your day together!!! :)
Post a Comment