We live one block away from our neighborhood park. When we moved here I was quite excited about that fact. Lauren loves to go to the park but it always seems like I have way too much to do around here. Having 2 girls that love to play makes for a messy house. I'm always feeling like I need to stick around the house and get things done.
Yesterday I saw that it looked like a nice day and even though the house was it's normal mess I decided to take my girls to the park. It's so great to hear their reactions when I tell them where we are going. Lainey was so excited she started to say some new words! She said "park" when I told them where we were going. They love to ride in their wagon so that was fun enough. Then we got to the park and onto the swings where Lainey said "weeeee weeeee" in the cutest little voice in the world. Next onto the "slide" for several trips by both girls.
We have a slide in our backyard but it's grown smaller over the last couple of years. Lauren can walk up it now and it's not so fun a ride for her as it once was. The park has a twisty red slide and that's just too fun for her. She loves the park.
We had a nice little trip to the park and it made me realize that I need to make more trips there. It was only an hour out of our day and it inspired Lainey to say new words and Lauren to be soooo happy. It was worth every minute. We'll be walking by on the way to school starting next week so we'll have to make some pit stops on the way home.
Friday, September 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It appears that our kids never stop teaching us lessons. I'm glad that you three took time to smell the roses yesterday. Sounds like it was well worth the ride.
Post a Comment