Today is my little Lainey's birthday. So far it's a pretty normal day. I woke her up so we could take Lauren to school. She had several rounds of the Happy Birthday song sung to her as she got dressed and drank her morning juice. Then off to school.
Then the birthday girl and I headed to the Dollerama store. Lainey doesn't really ask for much, she's talking quite well now but at 2 she doesn't quite have a need for much. She hasn't reached the level of "I want it's" that her sister has. Last night at bedtime when I was reading Lainey "Eeorre's Birthday Party" to her I asked her what she wanted for her birthday. She simply smiled and said "hat". She was admiring the party hats on Eeorre and Pooh and the gang. It was pretty cute. So that is why we went to the Dollerama. We went to buy some party hats for our little dinner tonight. We picked out some that say "Happy Birthday", also some wrapping paper with Pooh Bear and some with Cinderella (her favorite princess).
Jay is working in Hamilton today and tomorrow so he's got to really try to get out tonight so he can be here for some cake and presents. I'm not sure what to make Lainey for her birthday supper. She really likes hamburger meat so it may be a pretty easy meal to make. :o)
I was looking at pics of Lauren's 2nd birthday. She had spagetti and meatballs and dill pickles for her dinner. Lainey's not that big of a spagetti fan so we'll have to see. Lauren also held up 2 fingers in her pics... we just started teaching this to Lainey. At the moment when you ask her how old she is she says 'three" and holds up 4 fingers. Pretty priceless stuff really.
In other big girl news. Last night I introduced a new fruit to the girls. I had bought some pomegranites and thought they'd think they were neat. I didn't really expect them to like them though. Lauren tried one of the seeds and said "no thank you". Then I gave Lainey one of the seeds to try. She looked at it funny, then I said "just touch it to your lips and taste it". Well she did, then she ate it up. Then for the next 20 minutes or so it was a constant call of "MORE" coming from Lainey as I scooped the seeds from the entire fruit as fast as I could. She ate an entire pomegranite. It was nice to see her loving something so healthy for her. She loves lots of fruit.....if only she would start to like veggies. ( Her only veggies she'll eat are mashed potatoes and peas)
Anyway, way off topic there.....just having some playdoh time with my little birthday girl. Once Lauren gets home at noon, the party dresses will be out with hatsand some balloons. When Lainey has a nap Lauren and I will be baking a cake. It should be a fun little night. I'll write some more in the next few days about how the big bash went. :o)
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment