Monday, January 22, 2007

Birthday Shopping


This past weekend, we didn't do much of anything. Most of us were starting to get over our colds, ear infections, strep throat and all the other fun stuff we've been having.

The big outing of the weekend was when Lauren and I went up to our neighbourhood Zeller's store to do a little shopping. Lainey's birthday is coming up on the 30th so I took Lauren to help me buy a few things for her sister. Lauren is big enough that when we shop together she doesn't start crying for raisens etc... like Lainey does. She does however have some trouble remembering that we are there to buy for Lainey when we reach the barbie aisle of the toy department. I think she could spend all day drooling over the princess dolls, barbies, polly pockets etc.

We made it out with a cute Pooh Bear outfit for Lainey, a neat magnetic Max and Ruby play set, a talking rag doll that was only $4 on clearance! , a Pooh Bear Plate, and a Princess plate for Lauren. Lainey's big present is going to be a big girl bed and all the fixings. That may not happen on her actual birthday but she doesn't really get it all the way yet anyway. I've been looking for a comforter or quilt for her new bed that will match her Ikea curtains. I think she might get new curtains since there aren't many bedspreads for little girls that match her red, green and multi coloured curtains. Ikea doesn't even sell a matching one. Luckily I think they were only $20 in the first place. Perhaps a trip to Ikea for an entire set is in my future. :o) I love that place..... not fun when the kids are along since it's so big but fun when I have time to shop around.

Lainey is getting ready for her big day too. She can sing the Happy Birthday song... sorta anyway. It's very very cute, she also talks about having cake and practices blowing out her candles. It should be a fun time. We're not having a big party for her this year. That's the one problem with a Janurary birthday. Others in our family don't have kid partys this month either. This year Lainey will be happy with a cake and some balloons. Next year I think we'll have to invite a group... (Lauren started to expect a big party when she was 3. ) It will be fun, I'm sure there will be lots of squealing and happy birthday singing. I think Lauren and I will be baking a cake. Lauren thinks Lainey wants a blue cake? Not sure that will happen but I know Lainey loves cake.... my nephew had an ice cream cake at his party in November and Lainey was the only kid that sat in her chair and finished every last bite of her cake. She had a big piece and it took over half an hour but she was sitting there saying "cake, Ma ma.. cake" and sort of in a daze eating away. She can be a fussy eater but put some dessert out and she's all over it. :o)

And once again.... I CAN'T BELIEVE MY BABY IS GOING TO BE 2!!!!!!!

1 comment:

SC said...

I love that Lainey is a dessert girl!! There's something really adorable and satisfying about watching a kid enjoying a piece of cake!!