Monday, January 15, 2007

Back to School

Well Lauren had her throat infection and missed school on Thursday and Friday. Jay worked all weekend and today as well in Hamilton launching some new system for the newspaper there. It was a long weekend with my sick girls especially with Jay away.
We managed to get through the weekend without too much incident. Lets just say our DVD player has been working overtime with children's movies for a few days. I've seen everything from Barbie Princess movies, Toy Story, Max and Ruby, Strawberry Shortcake and Lady and the Tramp. When the girls are sick they just want to lay around and watch tv. It's all sweet and good but they also want to as Lainey would often say "cuddle Ma ma", and they both want to cuddle me at the same time. Sometimes that works but sometimes they fight over me. We did alright though. I spent a lot of my weekend looking around the livingroom from under a child thinking how much I need to clean this place up. :o)

Anyway, this morning Lauren seemed like she was feeling quite a bit better so we decided to get up and get her to school. She still has a cough but it's not too bad and I gave her some cough medicine to control it a bit. So we got all set and ready to go, Lainey was ready, Lauren was upset at being forced to wear snowpants but we were all set. Then I opened the front door only to find an ice storm type situation. Of course we were already running a little late. :o) I got the girls in the van and chisseled away at the ice for a good 20 minutes until it was thawed enough to drive. It would have been faster to walk but Lainey was coughing pretty yuckily and it was raining wet ice balls pretty hard. Not the best for a couple of sickies to walk in. So anyway, we made it to school.... we were some of the few who did apparently. The actual teachers for kindergarden weren't there today, the assistants combined the 2 classes together and watched movies. All that work getting her there and they just watched tv anyway. She had a good time with her friends anyway.

Just sitting here at the table while the girls play with their playdoh. Lainey is being naughty and mixing colours, usually a big no no around here but tonight I'm pretty worn out so we're just rolling with it... Jay is working in Hamilton still and likely won't be home till midnight or so. Just very happy that he has decided to "work from home" tomorrow. His job sucks when he has these big projects and has to work late hours but the majority of the time he can run his own schedule and all the extra hours he put in will be turned into approx. a week off in the future. Also very nice when he can work from home.... basically answer his phone if anyone calls him but mostly means some family time for us..... this time I'm suspicious though. His favorite show is 24 and I've been taping it on the PVR for him... he'll have 4 hours of it to watch tomorrow.... I'm sure he's taking the time to work at home to spend time with me and the girls though..... and to watch 24. ha ha...

Anyway, that's enough of my sleepy rambling.... maybe I'll take advantage of the quiet playdoh time to make myself a cup of tea. Oh wow.... a rainbow of playdoh happening here. :o)

No comments: