Thursday, January 18, 2007

Brrrrrrrrrrrr, it's cold

Last night when Jay and I went to bed we both thought it seemed cold but neither of us thought to go back downstairs and check the thermastat. Everyone slept nice under warm blankies last night and then hmmm it was cold this morning. I got up and checked the thermastat to find it was actually turned up pretty high but the house temperature was only 65. Brrrr.

Jay tried to check out the furnace but it just won't work. So now Lainey and I are waiting for the furnace man to come visit us. Luckily we have a little space heater that we use in the basement to keep us warn in the meantime. We put this furnace in 2 years ago when we bought the house so hopefully it's not anything big. Luckily it's still under warrnanty for the parts anyway. It costs us $89 just to get them to come do a service call so they'd better be friendly. he he

Anyway, otherwise not much else happening here. Lainey has an ear infection now. She's on some antibiotics. Lainey has to take hers 3 times a day and Lauren takes hers 2 times a day. They have different dosages to measure. It's all a bit confusing but I'm doing alright so far. That's not including the cough and cold medicine Laineys still taking to help her with that stuff. It's all a bit crazy to me. I'm the one who won't take an advil unless the pain is really severe.... aka childbirth, or a super bad case of cramps or headache.... now I'm like a pharmacist. :o)

Anyway, I guess I'll tidy up the house a bit for the furnace man. Wouldn't want him to break a leg tripping on a toy.

1 comment:

SC said...

Sounds like a day to cuddle up with your wee ones under a blanket and read stories all day with hot chocolate!! I hope the problem is fixed quickly and CHEAPLY!!!