So yesterday I wrote about how tired my girls were and how they had fallen asleep so early for their naps. Well when Lauren woke up from that nap she was burning up with a nice little fever. Not exactly what a Mom likes to feel when her girl wakes up. I had just written an e-mail saying we were all finally feeling better. JINX... Anyway, she was all weak and feverish for the evening, hardly would drink and wouldn't eat anything because she was weak and also because apparently it hurt to eat. This is the first time I had heard that one. That was our first clue.
Anyway, her fever went up to just over 103 last night. They say it's good to let the fever fight the germs and virus and not to give tylenol but we finally gave in. "They" aren't here watching my little Pumpkin and feeling helpless. We gave her some children's tylenol at bedtime and she slept fairly well.
This morning Lainey and I took Lauren to our Doctor's and we were told that she has a throat infection this time. It could be strep or tonsilitis! Anyway, on antibiotics. Did I mention she just finished a treatment of antibiotics yesterday for the ear infection she had last week. This is pretty crazy! Ever since we left the doctor's office my throat has been a bit sore too. Our Doctor told us that she didn't think we would catch the throat condition perhaps just the cold part. (we all have that already anyway). I'm all paranoid that I'll have to get my tonsils out. :o)
So here we go again. Tonight was supposed to be Lauren's first night back at dance class which she loves but I had to keep her home. She's feeling a lot better tonight, her fever is almost all the way gone and she has an appetite and more energy.
I think maybe I'll look into buying a big bubble for my family to live in for next cold and flu season. :o) These sickies are driving me crazy!
Oh, also when I was talking to telehealth on the weekend because Lauren was having trouble hearing (ear infection) they gave me a good website where they get their answers a lot of the time. www.mayoclinic.com
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so sorry to hear about your little sickie. So not fun at all. Nothing worse than being sick but your kid being sick. And I'm sorry, but high fevers are scary. (I would have given Tylenol too!) I'm glad that she's feeling a bit better today.
As for your throat---I am a Cold FX convert. It has saved me from getting so many colds (it's an all natural product). I also gargle with Sterisol (that my mom was recommended from the nurses at the hospital...that's what they use when they're getting a cold). Anyway, I hear you about the bubble. Maybe we'll buy an adjoining bubble!!
Sending healthy thoughts to your house!!
Post a Comment