Last night we were a bit late getting the girls to bed. They had both taken long naps in the afternoon so I wasn't too worried about them being up so late. I think it was actually 10 before they were both asleep in bed.... later than normal but with 3 or more hour naps it's not that late for them usually. Anyway, I still had a feeling I would pay for the lateness today.
Lainey actually woke up earlier than normal at 7:30 which is also when I have to wake up Lauren for school. So we were all up and ready to go. We took Lauren to school on time, she cried when she had to say good-bye (she's reverted back to the first month of school separation anxiety thanks to the 2 weeks she had off).
Lainey and I had a nice morning at home. She spent the majority of it just wearing a pull-up Dora Diaper and her Pooh Bear rubber boots. She likes to be naked, I insist on the diapers. :o) She was very cute having a naked tea party with Mickey Mouse and her kitty. Then she did some colouring. It was a normal morning here at home.
At about quarter after 11 it was time to start getting ready to go get Lauren at school. This means putting on clothes... she was trying to just wear her diaper and her had and mittens, boots too of course. Well being the mean Mommy that I am I insisted she put on some clothes. With some squirming and yelling (from her not me) she got dressed. Then I managed to get her to wear her coat and hat and mittens and off we went to the van. As soon as she saw the car keys she lost it. She has a new love for car keys. She wants to hold them all the time. I rationally explained to her that I need them to drive the van. ha ha ha... that really doesn't work in this type of case... I had to hold her down in the carseat and buckle her up. Then we had a nice little drive to school..... screaming toddler in the back.
By the time we got to school she was doing to gasping for air cry. I gave in and told her she could hold the keys now that we were there. Well she liked that...... but refused to wear her mittens or hat if she had the keys..... freezing outside today by the way! We had to get Lauren so we went with the idea that she would feel cold soon and want them on..... that didn't happen. :o( She still cried holding cold metal keys with bare hands and no hat. At least the other Moms and Dads all could see what was going on and nobody dared tell me to put a hat on my baby. :o)
Well Lauren came out to meet us and at least she was in good spirits even though one of the boys had punched her today. (She told him he was going to fall off the bench and get hurt so he hit her) Anyway, we had a nice loud drive home since I had to take the keys back. Then we got home and I hung up the keys and let Lainey cry it out a bit... sometimes the only thing that lets her settle down, she had already hit me once at school. Well it took about 10 minutes of crying while laying on the hall floor, she would get up and peek at us, checked if Lauren's leftover snack looked any good, then she moved to the closet. She tried to climb all the way in but it's a little messy so she only layed her head down on some shoes and things and cried a bit more. Then after a couple minutes.....silence, then snoring.... my little Lainey Bear fell asleep in the closet. It's not nice to laugh at that but it was really cute. Being the sweet and loving Mommy I am I grabbed the camera and snapped a couple pictures before I carried her up to her crib. A few minutes after I came downstairs Lauren passed out on the couch without having lunch.
Lesson number one: Don't keep the toddler(or 4 year old) up till 10 and let her wake up at 7:30.
Lesson number two: NEVER show Lainey the keys unless you have a back-up set for her to have.
Lesson number three: Maybe these dramatic tantrums mean a prosperous acting career is in the future. he he
Lesson number four: A toddler sleeping in the closet is really cute.
My Little Lainey turns 2 on the 30th of this month. Terrible Twos here we come.... actually with Lauren it was the 3's that started all the trouble. Seems to me this one is starting now. We'll see. Still more cute and funny moments than naughty.
1 comment:
I have to say that this is probably my all time favourite "My turn" post! I laughed out loud over and over. I felt like I could imagine it all so perfectly. Too funny. And the picture is absolutely priceless. Thank you for the laugh!! Too much :)
Post a Comment