Yes I am putting it in writing so I can read this the next time I start to think I'm ready for another baby. :o) Today is one of those days when I am content just having 2 babies and can not really imagine how much work it would be to have anymore.
Here is a brief (well I tend to ramble but somewhat brief) synopsis of my morning today.
Lauren woke up, she refused to go pee. I let her wait awhile after growing tired of asking her over and over to please go. She did eventually go, it's just her daily way of exerting her independence over me.
Lauren was upset she had missed saying good-bye to Jay this morning, he had gone early. I told her over and over that he was gone but she insisted on checking all over the house and in the driveway before she would listen to me.
Lainey woke up. All went smoothly, no problems there.
The girls had breakfast..... had to keep telling Lauren to eat her toast... she was too busy playing. ( I know if she doesn't eat she gets extra grumpy) Lainey ate, that's never an issue with her.
We go to get changed from jammies: Lauren picks out an outfit... great... puts it on... all is well. Lainey needs a diaper change in there so we do that and get her dressed... all is well and calm....
Then the girls are having playtime in the basement/playroom... They both have babydolls,,, they both want to play with Lainey's. They fight over that... Lauren screams and tries to hit Lainey with her blankie. I stop them.... they play a bit more... fight over something else....
ON and on about the same...
Then it's time to get lunch ready. Lainey is at the counter looking for food. I need some time so I give her a box of raisins. She is happy and walks away.... Lauren sees the raisins and asks Lainey for one... Lainey takes one out of her mouth and hands the partially eaten raisin to Lauren.... well on a good day Lauren would have laughed and told me thinking it was funny. Did I mention today wasn't one of those days. Lauren instead....starts screaming and yelling at Lainey... crying.... I caught her as she was winding up and running towards her little sister to hit her. :o) Oh the joys of 3 year olds.
Anyway, it got better (not) when Lauren got ketchup all over her shirt at lunch. That was the end of the world.
There are people I talk to who say their 3 year old doesn't need to nap. Well on days like today my 3 year old really needs to nap. I know she was up late last night and tired out from her soccer game. She didn't get enough sleep last night.
My house is quiet right now because my emotional pumpkin and her little easy-going sister are having their naps. This is the time where I can recharge my batteries and get ready to have a nice afternoon with my well rested girls. This is also the time when I sit here and think about how crazy it would be around her if I had a baby in the next year or so. I have friends who have 4 children under 7. I say to all who can do it.... Bless your heart. I'm just not at that point yet where I can even imagine it.
The thing is that I'll probably have a great weekend and write a post on Monday about why I want more kids. he he.. I just thought I'd write about a rough day since most of my posts have been positive. I wouldn't want anyone to read my blog thinking that this motherhood business is a walk in the park. It's the most positive, most amazing journey but there are definatly a lot of challenging days and events along the way.
Hope this wasn't too grumpy.... just felt like venting a bit. :o) I feel better already.
Friday, August 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a day!! I can TOTALLY picture it! When I told my sister Kathy that I can't imagine TWO (for all those reasons you just wrote about!!), she told me a great quote---"if you have one, or if you have ten, you give them all you've got". These little people take up so much physical, mental and emotional energy. And sometimes it's important to VENT!! I think it gives other people (like me!) permission to talk about the challenging sides of parenting.
It is so clear that you are an incredible mom.
it didn't sound grumpy at all - just overwhelming! I second what Karen said - you are a great MOM!!
Thanks girls! I feel much better today. (so far anyway) :o)
Post a Comment