Friday, August 18, 2006

18 month check-up

Lainey had her 18 month check-up today. Her regular doctor is off on sick leave for a few months so we had to go to the walk in clinic downstairs. It worked out just fine. She is still a big girl but luckily her height is high along with her weight. The doctor said she is just fine and not fat. She weights 30 lbs. That's just 4 pounds less than her older sister. :o) There were 2 vacinations to be given today. She was a tough little soldier through it all. She cried but only for a minute and until I pulled out the lolly pop I had brought to surprise her. It worked out well today because Jay is off today so he was able to keep Lauren at home while I took Lainey.

It's hard to believe she's 18 months already. It seems like yesterday I was in the hospital begging for the epidural man to hurry up. :o)

The good news is she's all done her needles until she is 4. The bad news is Lauren turns 4 pretty soon and will have to get some needles! She was always a really loud screamer when it came to needles so I'm not too anxious for that appointment.

Also Lauren got a letter today from her teacher. That was pretty neat. The letter was addressed to her and told her when her appointment is to meet with the teacher and what to bring to put in her cubby. She was pretty excited and my eyes were filling up with tears when I listened to Jay read it to her. Oh boy I don't know who will cry more on the first day of school. :o) Likely me. he he

No comments: