Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Bad guys in my garage!

I awoke this morning to Jay telling me that we had been robbed. He found our garage open when he went out to his car this morning. They took a few things that we know so far, golf clubs, tools, shop vac... Anyway, now I'm a bit freaked out. They only robbed our garage but that's attached to our house and right below where Lainey sleeps!

Also freaked out because I grew up in this house. In the 38 years my parents lived here nothing like this really happened. Last year someone broke into our car and took some loose change in the driveway, this time the garage. I can't help but wonder what will happen next year! I'm all set to move to the isolated country somewhere. Only issue there is that Jay would have a heck of a commute. :o)

Our neighbourhood is a nice one, older homes, older people in most of them. It's not in a crime filled area or anything. We moved here from the city when I was pregnant with Lauren. We did that so we could afford a house in a nice safe neighbourhood. The "bad guys" as Lauren calls them are here in the nice areas too I guess. Maybe it's time for that alarm system. I really can't believe I'm thinking that with this house. This has always been my safe place.

Anyway, just hanging out today, waiting on the coppers and the insurance guy to come by. Waiting and waiting. Apparently we're not the worst crime of the day. I guess that's comforting?

1 comment:

SC said...

AHHHHhhhh!! That sounds awful. I'm so sorry to hear that news. Brutal--that's the worst feeling in the world. Especially with little munchkins. They were probably some high school kids just being goofs to make some money on e-bay. Still a really unsettling feeling. Sending big hugs your way.