My birthday was Sunday. I turned the big 33, somehow that sounds a lot older than 32... not sure why. The important thing is I don't feel any older than I did last week. We had a visit from my parents Sunday for my big party. My parents are also known as the babysitters.... they're really the only ones who've ever watched the girls for us. Since they were here my Mom sent Jay and I out for the afternoon. We had planned on going for coffee but neither felt like it so we ended up shopping. It was nice we went to some stores that we never go with the girls... stores with dishes and breakable things... shoe stores, and the big supercenter grovery store. It wasn't that romantic of a date but it was fun. I got a new teapot, and a little purse.
While Jay and I were out Lainey had a nap and Lauren and Grammie baked a birthday cake. Lauren's biggest priority when it's someone's birthday is the cake. She had been planning it for weeks. She decorated it with jelly beans and raisens and a teddybear decoration she found in her toybox. :o) She was thrilled with the final product. Of course as always, when it was cake time the girls both ate all their icing and the ice cream and left the cake part. The best part is baking it, they never want to actually eat it. So silly really.
I haven't been writing on here much. There hasn't been too much going on, the girls are doing great. We're all looking forward to next week (march break) and having a little time off to sleep in and relax a bit.
The weather has been pretty nutty lately too. Yesterday my Dad spent 12 hours, a lot of it on a GO Bus on HWY 400 which was closed trying to get to my brother's place. My brother was stuck in his car going the other way on the 400 where he had started out trying to meet my Dad in Toronto.... Is it just me or the weather just crazy these days and people just don't seem all that concerned. Holy cow.
Anyway, I'll try to write more often again.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday to our Cauliflower!!! WE OLD!!! (just teasing!!). I hope this year is filled with wonderful things....little Lauren by your side in the picture is a great start. Sending hugs. xoxo
Post a Comment