Today was Lainey's first play/craft class. We dropped Lauren off at school and pretty soon it was time for Lainey and I to head to her class. I wasn't too sure how Lainey was going to be. In her library story classes in the past she had been really shy and hid in the corner. So just imagine the huge grin I had on my face this time when Lainey was all smiles and saying "hi" to everyone as we entered the class. Then when we were told to sit in a circle on the floor Lainey was so excited... she sat down on her knees bouncing up and down saying "circle Mommy, circle!!!". Well as if sitting in a circle wasn't enough...then we got to sing action songs.
Lainey sang along to wheels on the bus, head and shoulders... did all the actions even if songs came up she didn't know. The big finale was twinkle twinkle little star.... this is one of Lainey's favorites. She sings it at home all the time so she was soooo excited when that one came up. She was singing really loud... I was so proud of her.
The next part of the class was craft time. We had 3 different easter chickie crafts to work on. Lainey loved painting, she painted her paper plate chickie like a pro. I was so proud as she carefully covered the entire plate. The 3 year old boy accross the table from us made his Mom paint for him. Secretly I loved the fact that my little first time painter was doing better than a 3 year old. he he he..
After we finished our 3 different chickie crafts it was free time. Lainey played playdoh a bit and then moved on to the foam blocks where she built a tower and when she was done raised her hands up high and said "I DID IT!!!".
Wow, I was just so happy to be there with her for this class. I can't wait to go back next week. It's nice to have her out of her shyness stage and so outgoing. She's so proud of her crafts too. I think it was fun for her to show Lauren her crafts for a change rather than the other way around.
Now I still need a better system for storing all this artwork. Lauren brings home at least one big painting or craft every day and now Lainey.... hmmmm the closet I store them in now is getting pretty full.
Anyway, I'm still all happy and proud of my little Lainey Bear. Thursdays are going to be busy for awhile. Tonight Lauren has her dance class. I get to be all proud of her tonight. These are the days when I remember how great it is to be a mommy.
No comments:
Post a Comment