Lauren finally (after about 6 months of waiting) had her hearing tested last week. I took her and got to help out by playing a little game with her. When she heard a sound in her earphones she had to drop an apple toy into a bucket... I was in charge of handing her apples and holding the bucket. Well I wasn't too shocked but very relieved to find out that her hearing is within the normal range.
Since the test things have become clear to me. I now know that my little princess has very selective hearing. She hears me when I am offering treats or other things she wants. When I ask her to get dressed for school or to brush her teeth or help me in some way she seems to lose her hearing. Hmmmm it's nice to know that she could hear me if she wanted to.
When I was taking Lauren to her hearing test I arranged a babysitter for Lainey. She was very happy to have my Dad come up and stay with us for a couple of days. "Grampie" loves to spend time with the girls and they love to see him. I also got a little spoiled having a live-in sitter. I could run to the store on my own or cook supper without having to entertain the girls. I could really get used to that.
Anyway, just thought I would update a bit on here. Also Easter went well.... a trip to Grand Bend to see Jay's Granddad, then back home for the Easter Bunny's visit. Now lots of chocolate in our house and Lainey has figured out how to unwrap all types of chocolate eggs and bars. :o)
Monday, April 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That must be a relief to know that Lauren's hearing is okay. Pheewww. Wonderful news :) :) Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment