I haven't been blogging too much lately.... so this is to kinda catch up a few things that have happened lately.
Lainey is growing up sooooo fast.... she has had tons of firsts lately. Here are just some of them:
- she sings songs, not just a few words.... she dances around and waves her arms while singing little songs.
- she is really outgoing these days.... on the walk from school she called accross the street to a lady with a fast wave saying "HELLO!!!!", also in her little craft/play class she was told today she just couldn't smile any bigger by her teacher. She also was cute at school today while waiting for Lauren she was bent down talking to the ants and chasing after them... a few months ago she would just stand quietly holding my leg.
- she loves dirt, last summer she would make me carry her when we got to sand at the park... now she sits in it and digs....
- she can climb the slide herself... that means I can sit and relax a little while in the backyard or at the park... this is big for me. :o)
- so many things... will have to write more later
Lauren has had some milestones too... not all that cute and great :
- 1st time getting in a fight at school... Her friend took a special rock out of Lauren's coat pocket and teased her with it... my girl grabbed her friend's hand and neither let go until Lauren scraped the rock out of her friend's hand.... scratching the girls's hand. Then Lauren screamed and cried at the girl... very loudly. This was all at recess time so the teacher sent the other girl to the office (she's there all the time) and made Lauren sit on the little bench. Lauren has fallen in with the wrong group of friends.. she has clung to this same girl since the first day of school. Too bad her first friend is a hoodlem. :o) They are still great friends but we've been getting her to try to play with others as well... really not something I expected in JK.
- Lauren had a great day at school today! She ran up to me at pick-up time saying "I was a good girl at school today" and her teacher called over to tell me she had a great day. So there is hope for my little monkey.
- Lauren went to her second dentist app't recently. This time they did the whole deal on her. She sat in the chair on her own.. had her teeth cleaned, floride treatment, flossed, scraped.. and just sat there like a good girl the entire time...
- Lauren is signed up for soccer again this summer. She should be starting that again soon.
- Lauren had her first bloody nose... it was a slide run-in at the park.. luckily it only bled a minute but it freaked her out.
-also spent this weekend in Tweed with my family. Lauren was up all night Saturday with a painful ear infection... I didn't pack the tylenol so we had to wait till the am... then go to walk-in clinic in the city for 3 hours.... oh how fun. She's alright now at least. I now really appreciate the city and 24 hour pharmacys and numerous walk-in clinics. :o)
In family news.... Jay has booked 3 weeks off in August for us to go somewhere. I think at the moment we are thinking of driving to the East Coast. We flew 2 years ago and had a great time. Our good friends moved out at that time and so it's nice to visit them and also travel around too. Not too sure yet but I know we will be going somewhere.... now that Lainey is 2 we have to pay for 4 plane tickets so we're not going to go too crazy. Who knows... I'm just excited to go anywhere!!!!!
Wow this was long... but it's been awhile. I guess I'll have to write more often.
Thursday, May 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, Wow, and WOW!! That's a jam-packed update. I suppose there is never a dull moment in your life.
I'm sure it's hard when one of your kids acts in a way you aren't thrilled about. It's already happening with Sophie--she grabs kids faces and then says Owww. It's so hard not to react strongly when you see your kid do something like that. Hard to be Zen about it.
Anyway, your vacation sounds fab. The perfect family trip!!
Post a Comment