Monday, February 05, 2007

Winnie the Pooh Boots


Lainey has a thing for Pooh Bear and his gang of friends. She sleeps with Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeorre every night. (Max and Ruby too but that's another story). Lucky for Lainey she gets a lot of hand-me-downs from her big sister. Well late fall I guess it was Lainey grew into Lauren's old pink Pooh rubber boots. Just like Lauren 2 years before Lainey was so excited about wearing rubber boots. She loved to wear them around the house because she could put them on and off on her own it was just so exciting.... not to mention her little Pooh was on the side of them.

Well Fall turned to Winter and recently a very cold and snowy winter. I brought out the hand-me-down purple winter boots for Lainey to try out. These are just plain old boots, no pictures, just purple. Well, since she's in love with her rubber boots she won't even look at the purple ones other than to throw them and scream "NO" or "Pooh Boots!!!" as they fly accross the room.

It's been cold to wear rubber boots but she will wear her snowpants and coat but they do have Pooh on them. So for the last few weeks I've been on a little mission to find some winter Pooh bear boots. I looked at the neighbourhood Zellers, they only had Dora. Then on to the mall and Payless, The Bay, Sears... no Pooh Boots. Then this past Saturday I decided to try the old Wal-Mart..... We had some other things to look for but I was full of anticipation as we wondered through the store. Of course the shoes are at the far end. Well we found the kids boots.... PINK POOH BOOTS!!!!!!!! They had her size and as she sat in the cart I struggled to try them on.... the angle was bad or something and I couldn't get them on but we decided to just buy them.

Well they fit!!!! Once I got her home and sat her on my knee they slipped right on. She wore them around the house all weekend and then this morning when we took Lauren to school. I was worried she'd want her rubber boots to go outside but she stayed with the new ones. So exciting I tell ya.... Now when Lainey goes out she wears, her Pooh Bear snowsuit, Pooh bear socks, sometimes a Pooh outfit underneath.. and her Pooh Boots. She has a little variety.... her hat and mittens have Dora on them. :o)

It's funny how priorities change when you become a Mommy. I've usually been pretty low maintenance as far as clothes go. If they are comfy, keep me warm and look alright I'm sold. Now that I have kids I have often found myself looking for the perfect item... Sleeping Beauty nighty, Pooh bear boots, The hottest Pink snowsuit in the mall was another one this year for Lauren.... wow you can really see her in the playground. I'm not sure where they are getting their fashion sence, it's not me. I hope I can keep up with them as they get older. The teen years should be interesting, 2 girls oooooh dear. Luckily I have quite a few years before that comes.

1 comment:

SC said...

"the hottest pink snowsuit in the mall"....did you ever think those words would come from you??!!!! :) :) HILARIOUS