Today I'm thinking about my blog and if I'm being overprotective or not. I have been doing this blog for a few weeks now. I still haven't posted any pics of my girls. I'm wondering if I've watched too many Oprah shows over the years, seen too many bad news stories or what the deal is.
Jay put a counter on my blog for me. I can actually see what area of the world people are from that read my blog. I think that is what started this whole thing. I'm conflicted on this one. I love the idea of people around the world checking out my blog. There have been hits from the States, Brazil, Spain, and of course the UK. :o) The problem is everytime I think about posting a pic I get worried that one of those child predators Oprah is looking for (or someone like them) might find my blog and see my pics. If I can see where they are from with my counter then maybe they can see where I am from. That's what's in the back of my head. I just can't imagine how guilty I would feel if somehow I was responsible for someone taking my babies. I know that's pretty far fetched, I guess I'm just sooo new to all this that I'm not ready yet.
I've also been one of the people who views blogs without leaving a comment. I've looked up other parenting blogs and seen the cute pics on them. I think they make the blog all that much better. I think they are a great way to share with family and friends across the miles.
We also have a website which we post pics of our kids and us throughout the year. Most of the family and friends have that address and check it out anyway. I know my blog would be that much better with a few more pics to go with my stories etc.
Anyway, that's what was on my mind today. I hope this didn't sound too crazy! I'm not posting any pics today but perhaps I will as time goes by. For now you'll just have to settle for the pic of me in a bikini from my earlier post and those of the little people toys. :o) ( I wonder if more people will read my blog when it has the word bikini in it.he he he)
Colleen (aka crazy paranoid overprotective Momma)
Monday, July 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are NOT overprotective---this world is a very scary place. If you look at the first month of my blog there were no pictures, because Brett wasn't comfortable with the idea. I hiked up all the security settings to make it 'as secure as it could be'--i.e. I don't have my blog on my profile (so that if I leave comments elsewhere people can't see my blog site) and Brett is not a LITTLE more comfortable. BUT--there are still people that I don't know that read it--from other parts of the world. Hopefully one day there will be a password option on blogs--till then, reading your blog is wonderful and enough!!
Post a Comment