Hi there,
I just started this blogging business yesterday. I've wanted to try it for awhile. I'm just having trouble deciding what to write about. Should I blog about my last 3 years as a Mommy or about things that are happening today? Maybe I should write about something cute to begin with, I don't want to tell the story of Lauren's crazy grumpy fit in the backyard yesterday do I? I probably should start with something positive. Let's see. I do have a lot of positive, cute stories. Here's one little one to start.
Yesterday the girls slept in a little later than normal. Jay was already gone to work when they got up. When Lauren woke up she came downstairs with me to start our daily routine. (potty, a drink of milk and yes some tv!) I noticed it was getting late for Lainey to still be sleeping so I started to make some noise by emptying the dishwasher. I hadn't gotten too far and I heard the wee one start to talk in her crib. ( I could hear her on the baby monitor in the kitchen). Lauren asked if she could go see Lainey first so I let her go up on her own. Lainey was very excited to see Lauren. Lauren was giving her toys and books to play with. Since all was well I continued with the dishes for a few more minutes. I could hear everything that was happening through the monitor. After a few minutes of playing I heard Lauren give Lainey the scoop on Daddy. This is a somewhat direct quote, "Lainey, Daddy is not in his bed, and he's not downstairs, and he's not in the basement. His car is gone away too! He's gone to wook Lainey." (Lauren has trouble with her 'r' sounds still) Then Lainey said, "hmm" as if she understood and had been wondering where her Daddy was.
These two little monkeys that I spend my days with can wear me out, drive me crazy, make me wonder what I'm doing staying home with them and not back at work. Just when I'm thinking about all of those things something sweet and cute happens to remind me. It's one of those moments where you probably just had to be there to appreciate it. It was a moment when I realized that Lauren is really growing up and at the same time still young and sweet. It was also a moment that I could treasure because the girls were getting along, not fighting over a toy or my attention. They were alone and having a little conversation. It was just a little moment, there have been hundreds of similar moments over the years. I think they come along every now and then to remind me that I'm doing a pretty good job. I might not be a perfect parent but is there really such a thing? My girls are turning out just fine. With any luck maybe they'll end up as best friends when they get older. It also makes me dream of all the other things I might hear through that monitor, especially once Lainey starts to talk more. He he... just thought maybe I'll keep it around for those teenage years too.
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
YAY!! Welcome! You can write about anything you want. I'll come by as often as I can. I'm excited to read more & I really love the title of your blog. Perfect!!
Colleen!! I'm so happy about this blog!! I love the title to your first post :). It must be really surreal when your kids start doing/saying things that you aren't directly a part of---like their little own conversation yesterday. I can't wait to meet them. And---yes, I think keeping the monitors close at hand for the teen years is a brilliant idea!!
:) K
Thanks for visiting my blog girls! This is such a fun way to keep in touch. :o)
Post a Comment