
When I was 3 years old as the story goes (I don't remember it myself), some new neighbours moved in 3 doors up my street. Apparently I was enjoying a nice hotdog for lunch and decided to wander up to see these new kids. A little girl named Stephanie who was exactly a month older than me was standing out front. We met, and became best friends. We played in each other's yards, went to school together, grew apart here and there as friends tend to do. Then became close friends again in highschool. I would go away for summers to camp, she stayed and hung out here with other friends. Even through University, moving away etc. we still always kept in pretty close touch. She got married and I brought my new boyfriend to the wedding. He caught the garter and we thought that was funny. Then when he and I got married a couple years later she was my maitron on honour.
Anyway, I have been going through a lot of old photos this past week scanning them and making copies etc. Once again I came accross "the picture". It's a picture of Stephanie and I standing in my backyard when we were 3 years old. We're in our swimsuits (I had a bikini!!!) and standing on the patio beside my little play pool.
As some of you know, Jay and I bought my parents house from them. It's the same house I grew up in. We have made a lot of changes to the house since moving in so I don't think of it as being my old house very often. Today was one of those days that I did.
Stephanie came over today with 2 of her 4 kids (she's a busy Mommy). Her 2 youngest little ones and close in age to my girls. We both find it neat to see our girls playing in this house, in the same yard we played in. They even play on those same patio stones that are in the picture. It's funny that Lauren and Trinity (Stephanie's 4 year old) both resemble us at their ages. We think it will be neat to see them grow up as friends like we did. Lauren calls Trinity her "best friend", I'm sure that may change when she goes to school in the fall and meets lots of kids but it's kinda neat for now.
In any situation it's also just so nice to have other kids here for Lauren to play with. They are all old enough now that Stephanie and I can actually have a bit of a conversation without too much distraction. The little ones were in the room with us but they were even playing nice together.
I'm not sure if I can do it yet but I'll try to post that picture. It's the only chance of you ever seeing me in a bikini! He he he
1 comment:
Wow- that's incredible---that must have felt completely surreal!! In your actual backyard. Same house!!! You should take photos in the same spot!
Post a Comment