I just found myself a quiet moment and thought I would update some on here. The girls are quietly playing in Lauren's room with the door shut and I'm hoping it lasts for long enough to write this.
The girls are getting excited about Christmas. This weekend we are going to see Santa at a Christmas party so that will be nice. The girls have changed what they are going to ask Santa for about 10 times. They are getting older and wiser this year. Lauren has realized that she usually gets whatever she asks Santa for and that sometimes I tell her things cost too much. Her little brain started to work this out and she decided to ask Santa for something big and expensive and that she would for sure get it. She seems to have settled on a Pony. This isn't just any pony he's a furreal pony... this means he's about as tall as she is and she can sit on it...he moves his head and makes a few noises. Yes he also costs $299. I've tried to explain in a nice way that it's not that fair for Santa to bring that to her and a $20 Barbie to her friends. She has a back up plan of a smaller pony and an easy bake oven if the big pony falls through. I think this will be the year she learns that Santa doesn't always bring what you ask. I've also told her sometimes he likes to bring surprises. he he...
Lainey is back and forth like crazy on what she would like for Christmas. She wanted the Furreal Dog who is $200. She's decided she'll ask for that for her birthday in January instead now. I think she wants a little Barbie computer like her sister has. She's funny because she's still at the age where she'll she a stuffed animal that costs $4 and decide that's what she really wants. I really like those days. he he
This week my babies have been making me laugh. Lainey memorized the words to "Good-bye my lover" by James Blunt. I'm not sure where she even heard it. We went out shopping so I think it must have been on in a store. I played it on the Ipod when we got home for her to tell me if that's the song she was singing and she got all excited. She was singing the chorus over and over last night. "Good-bye my lover, good-bye my friend, you have been the one, you have been the one for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee". It was so funny... she was belting it out in the tub last night too.
Things aren't perfect here though. We went to the dentist and found out Lauren has cavities in her back teeth. Not news I wasn't hoping to hear. We go on Tuesday for one filling and maybe more.
Also my little Lainey who is almost 4 has started to have freak out fits whenever it's time to go out. People are always talking about the terrrible 2's but with both my girls 4 has been a nightmare... not quite there with #2 but I'm predicting here. Hopefully I'm wrong on that one. This week has been rough with her though.
On a positive note, at the moment they are playing nicely together and I am enjoying a bit of quiet time. Maybe I'll have a cup of tea even!!
Friday, November 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment