I just went on facebook and deleted a bunch of people from my friends list. I feel so naughty but it's something I've wanted to do for so long. When I was first on facebook and still I get requests to be friends with people I barely know. I had a bunch of people who went to my highschool but barely spoke to me back then all asking me to be their "friend". I found it all quite amusing but was getting sick of seeing their "status" and hear about every move they made. It all sounds quite mean of me when I write it but these are people who said "hi" to me in the halls... now they want me to listen to their landlord issues or know where they are at every moment. No thanks. I'm on facebook to keep in touch with my actual friends. I decided they need to be people I've actually spoken to in the past. There are still a few in my friends list whom I would rather not hear complain daily about how awful the world is but so far I left them for now.
So yes I got brave and deleted some "friends" who aren't really friends. Now it will be interesting if they try to be my friends again... o geez I hope nobody confronts me! he he..
Am I mean? I also post pics of my kids on there and don't like the idea of pretty much strangers seeing them.
:o)
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
so funny you said this because tonight at dinner Brett and I were talking about the same thing---instead of removing friends I actually just took off almost all the photos of the girls. Maybe I'll do what you did instead!!
:) You're not mean!!
Thanks Bear! I reread my post and I was quite grumpy when I wrote it! he he... One girl I knew in high school had been upset that she only bought 1 pair of boxer briefs for her 2 year old when she went to the States and that put me over the edge! he he...
Hope all is well in the new town for you guys! Hope to meet up over the holidays if everyone is around again!!! or just a small one like last year.
Post a Comment