It's been quite a fall around here. Although nothing huge has happened with us, it's been eventful all the same.
1. Lauren is settling into grade 1. She actually likes school, she's got 2 girlfriends she plays with and can't wait to see them. She looks forward to school and that is a nice change. That said I am still expected to stand outside and wave at her classroom window when I drop her off. So she still misses me some. :o) She's reading so much and does addition and subtraction work now too. So amazing how fast these little people learn.
2. Lauren had her first loose tooth this month. It seemed to be loose for about 2 weeks and then finally fell out on the weekend. She was so excited to finally have a loose tooth. It's a big deal, kids with missing teeth are looked at as cool and so lucky from what I've seen. Lauren lost her front bottom tooth... and she really did lose it... we can't find it anywhere. I think she swallowed it with her breakfast. She didn't even notice it fell out. I was the one who saw the hole in her mouth and told her. She wrote a note for the toothfairy. Our toothfairy hadn't compared notes at school with other fairies and only with some family fairies. Lauren got lucky and got $5 for her first tooth... her friend only got $2 on the same weekend. (I seem to remember getting a quarter for my teeth!)
3. Lainey starts "school" tomorrow. She's actually just signed up at the library for storytime but she's pretty excited about starting school. It's a 45 minute class where I don't go in with her. She thinks that's great. She's gone to dance class before without me but Lauren was in the same class with her. My little Lainey is a bit of a chatterbox so it should be interesting. I'm sure it will go well... she may get a bit upset when she finds out they don't have snacktime. She is very jealous of Lauren and her lunchbox. She's told me before she wants to go to school so she can have snacktime. I was thinking of putting her in preschool but decided not to do it just so she could have snacks. I may still enroll her in the Spring to get her ready for JK but we'll see.
4. Halloween was fun. The girls love to dress-up so being allowed out of the house in their costumes is always fun. Lauren decided to be a witch... I was happy to finally have her be something other than a princess for a change. Lainey decided back in the summer that she would wear her red cape and be red riding hood for Halloween. Once we set foot in the costume section of Wal-Mart all the ridinghood plans went out the window and she was going to be Snow White. She was a cute little snow white. So there was still a princess in the family. Jay took them trick or treating but brought them home so I could take them to some of the neighbours I know in the area. Lainey got to pat the little dogs next door and was pretty happy about that... she decided to go to everyone's house and ask if they had a dog and if they did could it come see her. She was pretty cute and got a lot of laughs and a couple dogs visits too.
5. I've had a few boo boos myself. I started by slicing my foot open while using my can opener... the can fell on my foot and there was tomato paste and blood all over the floor... I didn't even know I was bleeding for a minute...all the sauce blended in. That was a fun night...luckily I stopped the bleeding and avoided emergency with 2 girls in tow. Jay came home and closed it all up... but that was about a month ago and it still hurts to put shoes on! Then one day while I was limping to the grocery store I lifted Lainey into a cart and pulled something in my back... I was hunched and limping for a few days. In and around that week I also am sure I found a couple grey hairs!!!! Then I caught this cold that just won't go away! Still I'm trying to keep positive but could really use a vacation.
6. Jay has been working a lot... nothing new there. Our weekends together keep me going. Also the thought of him taking some vacation over the holidays is something to look forward to.
7. I'm enjoying my days with Lainey. Lauren stays for lunch everyday. (her choice) Lainey and I have the entire day to run errands or just hang out. It's good for her to have time alone with me so she can play with what she wants and also to say what she really thinks and not just copy what her big sister says. When they are together Lainey follows Lauren around and copies her. It's cute but good that she is on her own more too.
8. Christmas is coming up and the girls are planning for it. Lainey has her little heart set on Biscuit the furreal dog who shakes his paw and sits and lays down on command...he costs just under $200. She knows he's a big item so she is planning to ask Santa and then it won't cost us any money. :o) Luckily in the last week she has had a couple other ideas to ask Santa for so we'll have to see. Maybe Santa will find Biscuit on sale too. he he.. Lauren has chosen a little set, it's like a take out window for her already set up restaurant in the basement. She loves to play with her pretend food.
Those are just a few of the happenings around here these days. At the moment I'm on the computer while Lainey sits on the bed beside me playing Barbies with a picture of Biscuit sitting beside her all while watching Snow White on the tv. Lots going on here today.
No comments:
Post a Comment