Well, it's happened. My children have stopped napping most days. My beloved naptime is no longer. I haven't napped in years but that was my quiet time. Bye bye naps.... Hello Webkinz!!!!
The loss of naps has given us more time to fill in our days and one of the favorite things around here especially over the supercold winter we just had is Webkinz. Webkinz are these cute little stuffed animals. The girls each got one as a gift last summer. My first thought was.... Oh great another stuffed animal to throw in the closet. Then I was told that these animals each come with a top secret code. You go to www.webkinz.com and enter your code... this brings your animal to life on screen. Then you are given Webkinz cash to buy things in the webstore for your pet. My girls love to buy virtual food and feed it to their pets or clothes to put on them. There are also lots of computer games and the very exciting "WHEEL OF WOW" that you get to spin once a day to see what prize you win. OK I admit it... I even enjoy playing with them. I have to help Lainey with hers. She know what she likes to do but has to tell me so I can help her. The pets come with their own bedroom online that you decorate... ours all have princess beds in them of course. :o) They also have backyards now and the girls have gardens where they planted virtual seeds and they water and rake until the crop is ready to harvest. Yesterday it was exciting... Lainey's carrots grew so we picked them and fed them to her turtle webkinz.
ANYWAY, my girls have grown a love of the computer thanks to these things. When Lauren started school this year she would cry in class when it was computer time because she was having trouble with the mouse and just hadn't really used the computer much. Now she is a pro.. she clicks and drags and closes windows, opens links.... just as well as I do. I also like that these pets are very cute and polite. I like them much more than some of the video games out there you hear about. Lainey is also learning to use the mouse more these days. She'll be all set when she starts school in a year and a half.
So, I think the warm weather is going to take us away from the webkinz some. The girls also just both got 2 wheeler bikes which we are starting to learn to ride. Also we took them bowling for the first time on the weekend... it was awesome. They loved it. Lots of gutter balls but we all had a blast. We are active too.... just a bit computer nerdy as well!!!!
2 comments:
Colleen--Congrats to Jay on the promotion!! That's awesome news :) That's fantastic. Lots of hard work paying off.
And I know that my neices and nephews are obsessed with webkinz too!!
:) K
Webkinz... interesting!!!
I can't believe how fast they are growing up.
Congratulations to Jay - YAY!!! (Yay for all of you!!!
xo
Post a Comment