When he started working at the newspaper he would go to meetings and sit there with no idea what the people around him were saying. He would come home and tell me that he was scared they'd find out and he'd be fired soon. Well I tease him all the time now because he's turned into one of those techie talkers with the big words. I'm even able to understand a lot of the terms he talks about now.
So he's a manager now. Yesterday was his first official day in his position. Lauren is so excited that Daddy is "the boss" now. She has been bragging at school to all her friends and did her story on Friday about her Daddy the boss. When I asked him how his day went yesterday she said " Mommy, of course if was great he's the boss!!!".
This is a nice step for our family. Jay "hopes" that once he gets his department organized (in their positions and gets them all trained etc..) he will be able to work fewer hours and be around a bit more. I am loving the idea of that. I am also fully aware that I married an ambitious man and he already has his sites set on the next level up.... but that is down the road.
There was a time not so long ago when I was talking to him about having more babies. I told him if he was able to be home more often I would think about it.... Jokingly I told him when he got promoted to management we'd see.... So far no news to report... It hasn't been ruled out yet but no immediate plans are in the works. :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment