Monday, November 19, 2007

Still here... just a bad blogger.

Hi!!!!!

Well what can I say... I've been a bad blogger this fall. I can't believe my last post was from before our summer vacation.

Lots to catch up on. The way I've been posting I'm not likely to give details of it all so I'll give a little catch-up.


- vacation was wonderful.... kids loved the ocean. Lauren spent a week at the cottage trolling when the tide was out and picking up hermit crabs to keep in a bucket on our porch. I was shocked that she picked them right up. She's getting all grown up and brave lately. Lainey fullfilled her dream of finding a starfish... found tons of them. The girls would sit and talk to them in the buckets, it was a nice simple relaxing time. Also spent time in PEI, and Halifax when not at the cottage near Amherst. Oh so nice to have 3 weeks together. We flew in and out of Montreal and also spent a bit of time there. We flew home and drove through the night arriving home in time to take Lauren to her first day of school. Luckily she had slept all night in the van while Jay and I drove and slept.


- Lauren is doing well in school this year. She has the same teacher but is a senior so she's acting pretty cool being one of the big kids. She's amazing me with her reading. She's getting good at sounding out words and writing them. So crazy to see her growing up so fast on me. The other day she put on an outfit with a fleece vest, collar sticking up, blue jeans, did her hair herself and looked in the mirror and said "Look at me Mommy, I look like a rock star, cool". My pumpkin likes to look cool now! This also makes me worry about the teenaged years with 2 girls. he he


- Lainey is at this age when she is just so supercute, superfunny, supersweet. She is always saying the cutest things. She's fallen in love with knock knock jokes. They don't usually make sense but she laughs and laughs at them. She's also fallen in love with princess stuff like her big sister. Lainey loves Cinderella and will often walk up with a sweet voice and say "Me Cinderella, I'm going to the rolly ball. I going to dance with my Prince and we get married." Anyway, she's just cute and I'm enjoying it all. ( I know she's turning 3 in January and that's when the attitude kicked in for Lauren so soaking in the cuteness while it lasts) :o)

- Lauren had her 5th B-Day in September. We had all the usual party guests,,, brothers and their kids, my parents, a few other family and close friends and then 3 little school friends too. I think there were 11 kids running loose. It was pretty wild. I did manage to keep them under a little control, we did a craft (decorated crowns and visors with glitter glue and stickers). Lots of fun, Lauren was in heaven, she had been looking forward to it so much.

- Also the girls and I are in swim lessons again... I'm with Lainey in her class. Lauren has gotten brave and does glides on her own, floats, puts her entire head under water with her eyes open! I'm so proud of her. Lainey is still in the toddler play class but she jumps in to me on her own, often starts kicking her feet and paddling and tells me to let her go.... not quite ready to let go yet!!!! She's my baby!!!!

Anyway I'll stop before this turns into a novel. I'll try to post some pics of the above events and to keep this updated more.
There will be lots of cuteness over the holidays I'm sure.

No comments: