We've had a pretty good summer so far. The girls and I have mostly stayed around the house and hung out in the backyard. We've had some playdates here and there with friends and their kids but I haven't even called Lauren's school friends to come over for playdates.... a bit worried about seeing the parents when school starts back up... I wasn't really avoiding them just having a busy enough summer as it was.
Anyway, I've been looking forward to the end of summer for awhile. Not because school is coming up but because we're leaving on a vacation this Saturday!!!! We haven't been on an acutal outside Ontario holiday for more than 2 years. Just like 2 years ago we are heading to the Maritimes. Our good friends moved out there for work 2 years ago so it's fun to meet up with them and their kids.
Here is the plan... Saturday we load up our van and drive to Montreal. We could have flown direct out of Toronto but #1 it's way cheaper to fly out of Montreal and #2 Jay has never been to Quebec and is curious to go. So we're heading to Montreal, staying there in a nice hotel (with a pool of course for the girls) and then on Monday morning we fly to Halifax. We're staying in the city for the night and will be meeting up with my parents and my brother and his little boys who are flying back home the next day. On the Tuesday we head to our friends place for a couple of days. (Friends are Jay's best friend and wife... they all went to high school together and were in our wedding party). Anyway that will be fun and then we head to the cottage my parents rent every August. They will be still there a couple days when we arrive and the girls will get to play with Grammie and Grampie a little.
On the Sat. my parents leave and the cottage is all ours for a week. It is on the ocean and private, just a few permanent neighbours and not a bunch of tourists. We stayed there 2 years ago so we are really looking forward to just chilling out there. It is in an area where the tide goes way way way out each day so we can walk for miles out in the sand and look for crabs and shells and starfish. It was fun last time when Lauren was just 2 and Lainey was 5 months so I'm so excited to do it with them at this age.
After our week at the cottage we have 4 days of non-booked vacation left before we fly back to Montreal. We'll book things when we're out there.
Anyway, you may have guessed that I'm a bit anxious to get out of here and start me vacation. It's worse than normal as Jay has been working his little butt off these last few weeks. I've been a single parent for several day as he has worked late nights and even the night shift this week trying to make sure all his systems are running properly etc... hoping to prevent too many calls when we're away. The newspaper business sucks in that respect... they don't ever shut down. But enough of my gruminess.
I'll be sure to write more once we return... who knows we'll have the laptop so maybe I'll write while sitting by the sea.
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
HAVE A GREAT TIME!! WOW---That sounds WONDERFUL!!! I will be thinking of you relaxing at night by the ocean! I hope you can get some r and r and lots of family time :) Can't wait to see the pictures when you get back! k
Ummm...AUGUST!! We need an update okay??!! :) hee hee (now that I've just updated I can get cocky!)
Post a Comment