Hmm... I'm really not blogging very much. My last post was in the fall... this one is the end of winter...so lots of new things. I will update the best for now.
The holidays were great. Jay had 3 weeks off with us so we spent a lot of time around town and at home relaxing. We had some travelling to London and to my parent's place. It's always nice to spend time with family and let the girls play with their cousins. The girls loved all Christmas had to offer. They were 5 and almost 3 so presents were a big part.... Lainey became obsessed with Santa Claus after meeting him at a work party. She was always talking about him, then when she found out he was going to drop by with a gift she was really excited.
January and February were very cold and snowy. We spent some time out on the sled and playing in the snow but a lot of time inside. Lauren has become a computer whiz this year. She learns computers at school this year and then has some games at home she can play. She was also given a "webkinz" stuffed toy which came with a secret code to allow her to play with it in computer land. Both girls have them now and have little rooms and can buy clothes, food, toys etc.. for their virtual computer animals. I must admit it's kinda fun... I do lots of it with them especially Lainey since you need to read to do some of the stuff.
The girls are still doing swim classes. Lainey just finished her first "big girl" class. This is the class where Mommy goes in with her until she is ready to go on her own. Most of the kids had parents with them for 4 weeks....my little baby girl told me at the start of the 2nd class "Mommy I go with my teacher, not you". She went all on her own... I was sitting there in my swim suit in the sitting area fighting back tears.... I think that moment made me realize my baby is no more a baby and also I was just so proud of her being so brave.
Lauren just finished a new level of swimming where she learned to actually swim on her own a little bit.... my big girl puts her entire face in the water and all this stuff I never imagined. I'm also proud of her.
I have signed the girls up for a "little ballerina's" class starting at the end of march. The get to be in the same class. That will be pretty fun. They both really love to dance and Lauren only wanted to go to dance again if Lainey could go too.... ahhhhh. :o)
Also my "baby" turned 3 on Jan. 30th. She had her first big party which ended up not so big with cold and flu season, broken down vans etc... we still had a good turn out and for that age a smaller party is best anyway. She was so excited. It was the first year she really got it and she was thrilled to have a cake for her and friends who came for her. I'll try to find the pic of her at cake time... she looked like she might explode for the excitement....
Lots more to write about but that's all the time I have for today. ALSO VERY HAPPY MARCH BREAK STARTS TOMORROW SO CAN BE A LITTLE LAZY HERE NEXT WEEK!!!!!! NO SETTING THE ALARM CLOCK FOR SCHOOL!!!!!! WOO HOOO!!!!!
1 comment:
Hi there!!!
It was so nice to hear about you guys again!!
Hope you are all well!!!!!
Have a glorious March Break!
Post a Comment