Oooopsy, didn't mean to neglect my blog for that long. Well, Since June 4th lots has been going on around here.
1. Lauren graduated from Junior Kindergarden.... they had a celebration in the gym durring which my girl starred with all the Jr and Sr kindergardeners in The Three Billy Goats Gruff. It was a cute little play, Lauren was one of the "middle gruffs". The play was sweet but they all had masks and white shirts on and I kept losing track of which one was which. She was so excited about her play. Very cute when she had to practice her lines every day for weeks to prepare. After their play the teachers called them one by one to give them their certificate and shake their hands. I admit, I spent the entire "celebration" party biting my tongue trying not to cry.... I was just so proud of my girl for coming so far through the school year. My little shy cutie is now a school girl, she can sound out words, she can count to 50, she knows her ABC's. It's just all so amazing to see my baby doing all of these things.
2. Lauren is also playing soccer this summer. I think I may have mentioned that in the last post. She's braver these last few games and actually tries to get the ball away from the other team. She has also kicked the ball this year! She spends most of our backyard time kicking a ball around and just seems to love it. We even bought her soccer shoes (cleats?) this week so she's a pro now. Lainey loves soccer night too... Lauren has taught her to cheer her on... "Lauren", "Lauren", "Lauren", Lauren". It's pretty cute...
3. We've done some road trips to visit family. Our niece Emily turned 5 at the end of June so we went to her birthday party up in Penetang.... She is just a few months older than Lauren so they have lots of fun together. Jay's brother is a hunter and I was talked into eating moose meat!!!! It actually tastes like roast beef but I won't be eating it ever again. I don't think my body was meant to eat moose. Also it seemed like every where I went after that I saw pictures of moose.
4. We're planning a family vacation this summer. We are off for a few weeks to Nova Scotia. To make it more fun we are driving to Montreal and staying there a couple nights and then flying from there. We had planned to drive all the way but decided it was worth the $ to fly when the girls are this little still.
Our good friends moved to Halifax 2 years ago and we went out that summer when Lainey was 8 months I think. I'm anxious to go when the kids are older this year and have a bit more relaxation. We are planning to see our friends for a couple days, then travel a couple days around and then end up at the cottage on the ocean that my parents always rent. We booked it for the day my parents check out. That will be a nice full week of sitting around, walking out miles when the tide goes out and finding sea creatures, playing on the beach.... going to town for food and then more relaxing. Then we're going to travel around the next week, maybe see some whales or Anne of Green Gables... It's sad that I'm so anxious for the end of summer so we can have our holiday. :o)
5. The girls and I are enjoying our summer... maybe a bit too much. We're being "flexable" with their bedtimes at night and then they are sleeping in.... well we are sleeping in. I really have to get us on a better schedule, we are wasting our days a bit but I'm not too upset about it.
We bought the girls a sandbox a week or so ago. They are loving having that in the backyard. They spend hours out there. Our yard is very shaded so it's so nice to sit out and relax with them. We went to the park today and it was just tooo tooo sunny and hot, we came home and there was a nice breeze in our yard in the shade. Who needs the park?
I'll try to update more. Hopefully I'll find some time to write on here. I'm sure there is lots more but I just can't think of it all just now.
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I like the way you chatter so much! :)
Thanks... I think... I actually just write what's on my mind as fast as I can. I usually have 2 children trying to get me away from the computer. There's just no time to edit my posts. Nice to see someone new on my blog. :o)
Thanks for the update---I too have been dreadfully neglecting my blog---sounds like a great family trip ahead. Looking forward to hearing all about it! Good call on flying---SOOOO worth the money!!!
Post a Comment