I've heard of "soccer mom's" in the past. I can remember talking to Jay back in the day about how crazy parents are that enroll their kids in too many activities. I used to think it was best for kids to just be free to play and express themselves without classes or teams always taking up their time. WELL.... hmmmm.... somehow I turned into a soccer Mom!!!
It all started when Lauren used to dance and twirl around the house and tell me she wanted to be a ballerina. I thought ahhh how cute. So I signed her up for a little recreational dance class. It's only a half hour once a week. No big deal. She loves it and has taken the same class over and over for over a year. It's very cute. They learn a dance and do a little show the last class.
Well, dance class was great. They don't have dance class in the summer so last year I signed her up for soccer to get her out and with other kids. That was great.. she had fun.. and then school started.
Not long after school started so did dancing... Lauren really wanted to do it again so she's been in that all year. That is Thursday night.
Lainey was being left out so she is in a little crafty playclass on Thursday mornings. So Thursdays are pretty much all taken up around here.
Now soccer has started up again for this year. This past few weeks I have been a real soccer mom. Dancing overlapped with soccer and craft class. Lauren has soccer games on Monday nights, practice on Wednesday nights and until last week Thursday nights for dance class.
I'm happy to be just down to soccer nights and craft classes, school of course for the next month. I was starting to really get worn out from all the running around.
When we have an activity at night I have to make sure the girls have naps right after lunch or else they end up sleeping too late and we have to run run run to get where ever we are going. A year ago I would have thought this was all silly but it really can get stressful. Crazy, crazy stuff.
Anyway, I was just writing on her so I could post this pretty pic of my Lauren at her dance show last Thursday. Tu tu cute! he he
1 comment:
Out of control cute. What a beautiful girl!!!
I laughed so hard at your post. You'll need to get a personalized license plate "Mom's Taxi" I always thought that was a joke...I guess what makes something funny is it being very true! :) :)
Post a Comment